Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Twitter

1. What did you learn from using Twitter? Think about the content that you gained from those you followed as well as what you learned about Twitter itself.

I think there is a wealth of knowledge available on Twitter. There are amazing professionals constantly posting articles, links, and resources for you to use. I just think about how many different things I have been able to add to my classroom content or instruction over the course of the past 3 weeks. Not only am I benefiting from this, but more importantly, so are my students.

2. Who was the most interesting person or persons that you followed? Why? Be specific and provide examples.

Up until a few hours ago, I would have said someone different. But after reading through his Free Technology for Teachers, I will have to say my favorite is Richard Byrne. I have been sitting here for the past couple hours just reading some of his different posts and tweets. He has some many meaningful and powerful ideas on ways to integrate technology into the classroom. Some examples would be Google Sightseeing, Virtual Tour of Ellis Island, and audio tours of the famous landmarks. All these are things we are currently learning about in school!

3. Do you think you’ll continue to use Twitter personally, professionally and/or both after this assignment is complete? Why or why not?

I will definitely continue to check my account after this class is done. I may not post very often, but will definitely continue following others, learning and gaining new information. There is just too much information/resources out there to not continue to use it.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your reflection on Twitter. I love that your students are benefiting immediately from what you are learning from your PLN on Twitter! I am most excited for you that you will continue to use Twitter even when class is done! That is when the learning continues! Great job!

    ReplyDelete